Congratulations to Mark Trompeter, the MVP Law Diversity Scholarship recipient from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law. Mark completed his undergrad at UMKC and originally went to pharmacy school, but when he realized he enjoyed reading and writing about new medical processes and drug treatments more than he enjoyed conducting labs, he decided to apply to law school. Mark is confident that he made the right decision in switching from pharmacy as there are many avenues in the legal profession that he can see himself pursing after school. In his limited free time, Mark enjoys tabletop games, working out and cooking.
MVP Law is proud to be a part of Mark’s journey in law school and is looking forward to having him shadow some of our current attorneys throughout the year.
MVP Law Diversity Scholarship – University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
The MVP Law Diversity Scholarship established with the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law will be awarded this fall to an incoming student. Students will be considered for this scholarship based on information given in their law school application.
This scholarship is open to all incoming First Year students attending UMKC and who self-identify from minority groups, including African American, Hispanic, Asian, Pan-Asian, Bi-Racial and Native American. The recipient of this scholarship will have the opportunity to be matched with a mentor from MVP Law and to have a shadowing opportunity at any of MVP law’s locations over the semester break.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following core values:
- A demonstrated interest in practicing law in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma, Nebraska or Kansas upon completion of law school.
- A demonstrated interest in civil litigation and insurance defense, public sector law, workers’ compensation law or employment law.
- A hardworking individual who shows perseverance and a love for what he/she/they do/does.
- A confident, genuine person who is engaging, positive and respects others.
- Someone innovative who seeks creative solutions to problems.
- Someone with a strong reputation in his/her/their community and prior educational institutions.